For such a tasty dish I must use the French spelling! Now this is some pretty food…
- Homemade whiskey/chili oil, red pepper, shallots, garlic – sautéed with some basil, oregano, and salt
- 2 eggs and a splash of milk, beaten and poured into the sautéed vegetables
- 2-year aged Cabot cheddar and a bit of smoked Black Forest ham folded in the middle
There’s nothing better, the day after spending 8 hours on the ski slopes, than waking up and eating a serious breakfast.
Random omelette tips:
- I use a non-stick pan from Ikea. 1 tsp oil or butter should be enough to keep the mixture from sticking.
- Use a low heat on the stove; otherwise you have a problem in the initial stage before folding. The bottom will burn before the top is cooked all the way through.
- Tilt the pan occasionally before folding (2-3 times). Roll the liquidy part around to keep it evenly distributed.
- I put some ingredients in with the egg as the omelette cooks, and then add a few more things just before folding. Then it doesn’t get too fat to fold, as happens when you try to stuff a cup of meat, veg, and cheese in the middle.