By: David Douglas
For longtime readers, you might remember last year’s Forum Vini article. I went back this year for my fourth Forum Vini dose of fine food, wine, and spirits! This year I experimented with only natural light: no flash, and all photos are using my Nikon 35mm f/2 lens + Nikon D90. I often white-balanced on an index card before each shot.
Delicious Goufrais chocolates… amazingly cool on the tongue. True fine chocolate truffles.
Once again, Enoteca Palmieri was in full force with some great wines (more photos below in the full album). Check out the shop at Augsburgerstr. 25 in Dachau. Palmieri had the largest bottle of wine that I saw at Forum Vini!
Palmieri also had something else special: grappa infused with olives! This is a really unique, delicious spirit. And that’s coming from someone with a big (and varied) liquor cabinet.
Delicious oil, vinegar, and sherries from Aecovi Jerez:
Once again I stopped by Dr. Schätzl of Moosburg to check out this year’s display. Here’s a stunning array of different exotic oil: pumpkin seed, poppy seed, walnut, and more…
And a list of other exhibitors who are shown below in the gallery:
- Wein- und Sektgut BARTH, with a unique German sekt.
- Wein aus Portugal from Brissac.
- Varied wines from Italy, Chile, and Australia from San Rocco.
- Vinos La Vid: importing from Spain, Portugal, Italy, and Austria.
- Fancy glasswork from Weingut Freiherr von Neveu.
- Strawberry-chili liquor from one of last year’s favorites, Weingut Michel-Roos.
Thanks to those at the stands who allowed me permission to photograph them or their products. I had a great time, and (I think) found some great photographic opportunities!
Full album of photos: [salbumphotos=9,144,max,y,n]